The Recipe For Making Chinese Walnut Cookies 核桃酥.
You can make Chinese Walnut Cookies 核桃酥 using 9 ingredients in 9 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Chinese Walnut Cookies 核桃酥
- Prepare 230 g of cake flour.
- Add 1/2 tsp of baking soda (3g).
- Mix 1/4 tsp of baking powder (2g).
- Fill 8 tbsp of butter (4oz or 113g) – room temperature.
- Mix 1/2 cup of sugar (100g).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten – room temperature.
- Insert 3/4 cup of finely chopped toasted walnuts (88g).
- Add 12 of raw walnut halves.
Quick Step To Make Chinese Walnut Cookies 核桃酥
- Combine the cake flour, baking soda and baking powder and sift it..
- Beat the egg and set aside 3-4 teaspoons of it to be used as egg wash later. Keep the remaining..
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and salt together by a mixer or by hand. I did it by hand..
- Add the flour mixture, toasted walnuts and egg in to the butter mixture and combine. The mixture will be flaky at first but slowly work into it and combine until it's a ball. I combined the mixture by hand and kneaded it into a ball..
- Divide the ball into 12 equal portions and roll each into a ball..
- For each ball, take the walnut half and press it in the center..
- Cover and let the cookies rest for 15-20 mins. Near the end of the time, take the egg wash and brush it on each cookie..
- Preheat the oven to 350F..
- Bake the cookies for 20 mins. When done, let the cookies sit in the oven for 5 mins before removing..
That’s how to make Chinese Walnut Cookies 核桃酥 Recipe.