The Recipe For Making Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert). Very easy snack items #Basundi #rabadimalai #sweets #maruticooking ingredients milk sugar badam saffron. Basundi (Gujarati: બાસુંદી, Kannada: ಬಾಸುಂಡಿ, Marathi: बासुंदी, Tamil: பாசந்தி, Telugu: బాసుంది) is an Indian sweet mostly in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. It is a sweetened condensed milk made by boiling milk on low heat until the milk is reduced by half.
It is garnished with chopped nuts and served as a chilled dessert or with Poori. Basundi is mostly popular in the Western Indian states of Maharashtra, Gujarat and some. milk based desserts are a very popular recipe in india. but the milk basundi is hugely popular in gujarat, maharashtra and karnataka where it is differ from each other. basundi sweet is thicker and requires more time to attain the consistency compared to rabdi recipe. moreover, the rabdi recipe is. Enjoy this milk dessert, this festival season. You can make Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert) using 8 ingredients in 6 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert)
- Prepare 1 litre of milk.
- Add 300 grams of sweetened condensed milk.
- Insert 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cashews cut in to small pieces.
- Add 1/2 cup of almonds cut in to small pieces.
- Fill 1/2 cup of pistachios cut in to small pieces.
- Insert 4-5 of saffron strands, soaked in lukewarm milk for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix to taste of sugar.
Indian desserts popularly have a name for being decadently sweet, deliciously spiced and overall time-consuming. It is that part of being slow and cooking that bring about the flavours and the aroma characteristic to it. Basundi is a rich Indian dessert made using milk which is reduced until it thickens and then it is further flavored with a few more ingredients. Milk – I always opt for whole or full-fat milk to make Basundi as it gives the best creamy and rich results.
Easy Way To Make Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert)
- Add milk in a thick bottom pan, heat up and allow milk to boil in a low flame, stir the milk in between 3-4 minutes once.
- Then add sweetened condensed milk in to the milk and mix together, taste the milk if required more sweet either you can add 50 grams of condensed milk or sugar.
- Then milk starts to thicken, you will notice the milk solids in with creamy texture, keep on stirring the milk for 20-25 minutes.
- Then add cut cashews,almonds and pistachios (save some nuts for garnishing too) to the Basundi and let it boil for another 5 more minutes and simmer to a minute and turn off the flame and then add soaked saffron strands to it mix together.
- Basundi is ready to serve hot or chilled (as you like).
- If you like to serve chill then let the Basundi cools down completely, keep the Basundi in refrigerator for at least 30-45 minutes then serve chill.
You can also use skim or low-fat milk, but it won't give the. Basundi is an Indian dessert made by thickening full fat milk and flavouring it with saffron, cardamom with the addition of dry fruits. The consistency is more fluid and flowing not thick like Rabri. Basundi is a popular Indian dessert consisting of sweetened, thickened milk with the addition of chopped nuts such as almonds, cashews, and pistachios. Basundi is similar to a North Indian dessert known as rabri, the only difference between the two being the texture – while rabri has flaky. That’s how to make Basundi/Rabdi (Milk dessert) Recipe.