The Recipe For Making Canadian Butter Tarts 🇨🇦 (Canada's favourite Dessert!).
You can make Canadian Butter Tarts 🇨🇦 (Canada's favourite Dessert!) using 16 ingredients in 9 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Canadian Butter Tarts 🇨🇦 (Canada's favourite Dessert!)
- Fill of — Pastry Shell —.
- Insert 256 grams of all-purpose flour (2 cups).
- Add 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Fill 190 grams of shortening (1 cup).
- Add 1 of egg.
- Prepare 30 ml of cold water (2 tablespoons).
- Fill 15 grams of white vinegar (1 tablespoon).
- Prepare of — Filling —.
- Prepare 100 grams of brown sugar (1 cup).
- Prepare 75 grams of maple syrup (1/4 cup).
- Insert 42 grams of butter (3 tablespoons).
- Add 1 of large egg.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Insert 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- Insert 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Add 1/2 cup of pecans (you can substitute crushed walnuts if you like).
Quick Step To Make Canadian Butter Tarts 🇨🇦 (Canada's favourite Dessert!)
- In a large bowl, sift together the flower and salt, and cut in the shortening with two knifes until you have pieces the size of peas.
- In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients together (egg, cold water, and vinegar).
- With the dry ingredients, make a 'well' in the center, and add the wet mixture. Fluff this with a fork until just mixed (Do not overmix!).
- In the bowl, press the combined mixture flat, and fold in half (repeat 3 or 4 times).
- Roll out your dough on a floured surface, until it's about 1/4-inch thick, or a little less. Now cut into circles a few inches across (you can use a cookie cutter, or a glass), and press them lightly to a cupcake tray..
- Now we can start on the Filling!.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and syrup. Once combined, add the egg, vanilla, vinegar, salt and crushed pecans. Pour into the pastry shells.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 230 C (450 F), and then reduce the heat to 175 C (350F F) for another 15-18 minutes until the filling is set..
That’s how to make Canadian Butter Tarts 🇨🇦 (Canada's favourite Dessert!) Recipe.