The Recipe For Making Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe.
You can make Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe using 7 ingredients in 6 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe
- Add 8 cups of stale bread that's been cut into 1-inch cubes (See notes above re: types of bread.).
- Fill 4 of large eggs plus 1 egg yolk.
- Add 1 of +3/4 cups whole milk.
- Prepare 3/4-1 cup of sugar, depending on how sweet you like your desserts.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Fill 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt (a little less if you're using regular table salt).
- Fill 3 Tablespoons of butter, melted.
Easy Way To Make Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Combine all ingredients but the bread in a large mixing bowl and whisk until all sugar is dissolved..
- Pour the bread into the custard mixture and fold gently to coat. Allow it to steep for about 7 minutes, and gently turn again to make sure all the bread is soaked. Allow it to steep another 10 minutes to soak up as much of the custard as possible..
- Generously butter a 9-inch pie dish or 9 x 9 casserole/baking dish and pour in the bread and custard mixture, stirring gently to distribute evenly..
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is just slightly jiggly and remove from oven to cool. (I’d check at about 35 minutes.) It’s kinda like scrambled eggs in the pan – if they’re firm in the pan, they’ll be overcooked on your plate because the internal heat keeps cooking them..
- Cool for at least 20 minutes to allow it to set..
That’s how to make Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe Recipe.